Fedy (previously called as Fedora Utils) is a post-installation script written in bash specially for Fedora. It is released under GNU General Public License.
Fedy aims at providing a standard Fedora installation with additional applications, utilities and codes. A lots of application and codecs that are not shipped by Fedora due to one or another reason, Fedy fills that gap.
The latest updated version of Fedy is 4.0 and it also supports Fedora 22 (Released on May 26, 2015), though a few features on Fedora 22 may not work as of now.
Features of Fedy
- Front End User Interface completely written in GTK3 for end user.
- Feature rich as compared to any other available application.
- List information about installed and not installed packages.
- Support for searching the plugins list.
- Task continues to run in background even when the front end exits.
- Built-in feature to detect and prohibit malicious codes from running.
- Revert back and undo task.
- Every action lies in queue so the user do not need to wait, till one action exit.
The installation process of Fedy is quite simple, just use the following one liner command followed by root password when prompted.
bash -c 'su -c "curl http://folkswithhats.org/fedy-installer -o fedy-installer && chmod +x fedy-installer && ./fedy-installer"'
When Successfully installed you may start Fedy either from menu or from terminal.
This is an awesome tool and hearty congratulations to Fedy project developer Satyajit Sahoo for this wonderful piece of software.
Fedy install packages from various repositories so when you fire ‘yum update‘ it will update the packages that way too. This utility is going to provide a lots of necessary applications to the Fedora Users and that too on single click.
A bleeding-edge distro (Fedora) when combines with an out-of-box application like this, you may always expect more than enough. I wish all the success to Satyajit Sahoo for taking this Utility to next higher level.
Страница разработчика утилиты Satyajit Sahoo.
Подписывайтесь на наш канал в YouTube, там много интересного.
Комментируйте и делитесь страницей с друзьями.